Monday, April 5, 2010

MY FAVORITE DAY



It is beautiful in D.C. right now, Cherry Blossoms everywhere, 60 degree weather, chirping birds, a new puppy, and yellow daffodils. So on Saturday when I got home from a morning run to find a clean condo, a dozen spring flowers, and a boyfriend with a packed picnic basket, I thought well isn't this just perfect. Then when Ben asked me what my perfect date would be, I answered (something like this.)

A hike at Rock Creek Park, and a picnic consisting of an egg salad sandwich and dark chocolate, eaten in a field of buttercups, next to a babbling brook, with a warm puppy between my legs. A teary, personal proposal with a glistening, brilliant diamond. Hiking back and driving through a bustling, new city to get dressed up for an evening at our favorite restaurant- the Palm, where we are serenaded to Going to the Chapel with Champagne and strawberries and finished with an Irish Coffee . The Palm in Dupont Circle where there are endless people to watch and a Cupcake shop- Hello Cupcake, where my fiance and I ordered the same pink princess cupcake. Following an amazing dinner, a dash on a tourist crowded metro to the Cherry Blossom fireworks display on the waterfront. On the metro we coincidentally sat beside some of my old Oak Ridge, TN neighbors- a little piece of home in a day of memory. We return home to crack open a bottle of fine Italian Chianti and watch, ironically- Father of the Bride on TBS. That would be my perfect date, and that perfect date happened last Saturday.

The Bling Shot (warning- blindness may occur)

1 comments:

EcoBliss on April 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM said...

Yikes! Marriage!? Well, am I one to speak: Yes. I LOVE MARRIAGE. And I think you guys will too. Congratulation! I am SO happy/excited/thrilled for you two - my new favorite DC transplants.

 

maggie. mayd. Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template